Personal Information Protection Policy
Personal Information Protection Policy
THERMOS K.K. (hereinafter, the "Company") acknowledges its social responsibility to protect the personal information it acquires from you, and has adopted and implements the following basic policy related to the handling of personal information to properly protect the personal information of our customers, business partners, applicants for job openings, the executives and staff of the Company (hereinafter referred to as “Executives and Staff”), and resignees, etc.
- The Company shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Handling of Personal Information given below, related laws and regulations, internal rules, etc., obtain proper personal information, and use and provide personal information within the scope of the purpose of use.
- By implementing proper security measures, the Company shall endeavor to avoid leakage, loss or damage to the personal information that is handled. If an accident occurs, the Company shall immediately find the cause and implement measures to take the necessary corrective action and avoid recurrence.
- The Company shall clearly define rules for handling personal information with internal rules, etc., and provide education and training to ensure that Executives and Staff fully know the rules. When the Company provides personal information to a subcontractor, it manages and monitors the subcontractor to ensure that the personal information is handled properly.
- Regarding the personal information that the Company possesses, it shall receive complaints and requests for consultation, disclosure, correction and the suspension of use, etc. from the information owner at a fixed service counter.
- The Company shall establish and periodically inspect the management system including personal information protection, and continuously improve the system based on the results.
Enacted : January 1, 2008
Revised : February 15, 2019
Keiichiro Chujo, Representative Director and President
Handling of Personal Information
THERMOS K.K. (hereinafter, the "Company") does not use the personal information it gathers beyond the scope required to achieve the purpose of use described below, except where prescribed by laws and regulations or the concerned person agrees.
1. Purpose of use of personal information
(1) Personal Information related to customers
- To handle matters related to our products such as sales, repair, support, inquiries and requests for catalogues and information
- To conduct introductions to our products and services, proposals, and notification and execution of campaigns and events
- To research products and services through questionnaires, etc, and handle related tasks
- To provide online services, notify changes/additions/abolishions to services, conduct questionnaire surveys to improve the quality of services, implement advertising, sales promotions, events and special offer programs and process other requests
(2) Personal information related to our business partners
- To sell our products, procure materials, etc. and fulfill other contracts
- To prepare payment records
(3) Personal information related to applicants for job openings
- To recruit employees
(4) Personal information related to our executives
- To manage personnel, provide welfare programs, perform social insurance procedures and handle other employment-related matters
(5) Personal information related to resignees
- To provide information
2. Provision of personal information to a third party
The Company will not provide the personal information it has gathered to a third party without the consent from the concerned persons in advance. However, the following cases are exempted.
(1) When based on laws and regulations
(2) When necessary to protect someone’s life, health or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
(3) When particularly required to improve public health or promote healthy growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
(4) When cooperation with an agency of the central or local government or a party assigned by such an agency to process a task defined in laws and regulations is required, and obtaining the person’s consent would incur the risk of hindering the execution of the task.
(5) To achieve the purpose of use, the Company may disclose and provide personal information within the necessary scope to our subcontractor. In this case, the Company enters into a non-disclosure agreement with the subcontractor, and conducts tough control of the subcontractor so that personal information is managed properly.
- Outsourcing of tasks related to our products such as repair, support and inquiry handling
- Outsourcing of the implementation of campaigns, events, etc.
- Outsourcing of questionnaire surveys, compilation, etc.
- Outsourcing of mailing
3. Procedure for fulfilling a request for the disclosure of personal information
Regarding personal information that the Company obtains, if you have a request regarding notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction/addition/deletion of the content, or suspension of the provision of the information to a third party (hereinafter referred to as “Disclosure, etc.”), please contact the Personal Information Service Counter.
4. Contact details for inquiries related to the handling of personal information
For complaints or consultation regarding our handling of personal information, please contact the following service counter.
Personal Information Service Counter, THERMOS K.K.
Mita NN Building 4-1-23, Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Business hours: 9:00 to 18:00, Monday through Friday excluding
public holidays and Company holidays